Mold Remediation Recommendations
What the CDC says about the health effects of mold
- The severity of being exposed to mold is different for everyone
- Common symptoms from mold exposure is Stuffy Nose, Wheezing, Red or Itchy
eyes or skin.
- People with allergies, suppressed immune systems or respiratory issues, the
elderly, and young children are at the most risk of experiencing more severe
symptoms when exposed to mold.
If mold is found in a room, try to prevent coming in contact with it and attempt to seal the room off.
- Vacate the room and close off the heat/air registers so that way the HVAC
system does not cause cross contamination.
- Prevent as much access into the room as possible, shut the door and leave
it shut unless absolutely necessary.
- Mold spores can stick to clothes and travel with you.
Never put air movement on mold.
- By applying air movement, you will begin to spread the spores throughout the area
and other areas causing cross contamination. They are as light as a grain of sand; it
doesn’t take too much to cause them to move.
Bleach will not take care of it.
- As strong as bleach is, it’s mold is hydrophobic, meaning it will repel water based
solutions like bleach, and won't allow bleach to penetrate and kill the mold.
- Bleach will cause mold spores to go dormant.
- Spores can be activated from this dormant stage if exposed to another food
source and begin to grow again.
Any elevated level of mold spores in the air is dangerous, no matter the type.
- According to the CDC, all molds should be treated the same in terms of the potential
health risks and how to remove the source properly.
Always call a professional when mold is present. Environment Control trained and certified with the proper equipment and techniques to handle any mold loss. For more information about mold, visit the CDC at https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm, or call Environment Control, Day or Night, because …It’s About Lives.
115 N. Circle Dr. Colorado Springs, CO. 80909
Restoration: 719-882-1234 | Office: 719-719-574-2515 | Fax: 719-574-2504